Searching through github ( http://github.com/search?q=puppet) I came across a very similar approach on howto bootstrap EC2 images with capistrano puppet and iclassify. ec2-cap is build on top of the Rightscale Amazon EC2 gem (http://rightaws.rubyforge.org/)
The main idea behind this is to
- start an EC2 instance (based on a simple declarative description) with capistrano
- trigger a register process from this instance to the puppet master.
- sign the certificate on the puppet master
- pull the default configuration on the newly created host from the puppet master
- register the new host with the iClassify server
- tag the new host for the desired purpose (e.g. app for application server)
- pull the node specific configuration from the puppet master
Interested in Cloud or Chef Trainings? Have a look at our Commandemy Trainings page.
Need help migrating to the cloud? Check out Infralovers.
comments powered by